Speak and Spell are Europe’s leading and premier Depeche Mode Tribute.
Genuine Social Media Feedback from BC London. See link for screenshots
Speak and Spell 2016 Showreel
‘To the best Depeche Mode tribute in the world: The gig tonight was out of this world Your dedication and passion made this an amazing experience, Thank you so much.’
‘Seriously, I can’t get my head around ‘Dave’, just how alike he is. Mind blowing stuff.’
‘The best covers band I’ve seen. Bonkers‘
‘What and Awesome Night! What an Atmosphere! Speak and Spell were great. At times we forgot we were watching a tribute band. Well done Guys. Totally loved it”
To discuss a booking or for more information please email the band’s manager, Claire Whatley.
We play throughout Europe with a hard won reputation and continually evolving show playing classic era tracks with performance cues that the real Depeche Mode will never repeat. Take a look at the Social Media responses from our Black Celebration show
Behind the Wheel & Question of Time
Our shows span from the earliest days through the eighties, nineties and noughties to far more recent times, reliving and reminding our audiences of the journey of the world’s most successful electronic act.
Depeche Mode fans and even those behind the scenes of the real band invariably say how close our recreations are. This is because we are primarily fans who just happen to be musicians. We do it for the love of it, unconditionally. Check out the Bio for a more detailed history of where we came from.
Stripped and Everything Counts
Current bragging rights include :
- Live at X-Tra, Zurich, live on Radio Rabe.
- Playing live on stage with Michal Matejcik.
- Headlining numerous Hamburg ‘Masses‘ parties.
- A yearly residency at Esquires Club.
- A yearly residency at ‘The Horn‘.
- Annual appearances at the O2 Academy, Islington.
- Performing at the legendary Bridgehouse, where DM were spotted by Mute Records’ Daniel Miller.
- The Markthalle in Hamburg was Depeche Mode‘s first ever overseas gig. Exactly 30 years later we play at the Markthalle for the famous Party For The Masses. 30 years later, at the same venue, on the same stage…
- Headlining the epic Basildon events, where we play to a great many of the bands oldest friends. Organised by Deb Danahay, who ran the official fan club and was Vince Clarke’s partner for 4 years. Sharing the bill with us are names like Heaven 17, Blancmange, Tenek, and Modovar.
- Headlining the Brighton Electrofest.
See you next Time!!!!!